Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Oh... My.... Heck!!!

I MADE THE SCRAPTIV!TY DESIGN TEAM!!!!

I'm so excited!! It's been quite the roller coaster for the last couple of days, waiting for the news, and when I hadn't heard from Wendy by Tuesday morning, I was sure that I hadn't made it! I kept checking my emails (actually, Gary checked them because I don't have access at work!) and voice mails all day until I left work at 4:15pm. I picked up Aili, then Gary and Connor and headed home. Aili dragged me right to the swing set so I didn't even glance at the phone to see if there were any messages. I seriously thought that the calls had all gone out! I checked the messages around 6pm last night and was ecstatic to hear Wendy's voice on the line!!

The competition was tough - 85 entries! I feel so honoured to be chosen, as I knew of several who had applied that were very talented and a wonderful contribution to the S! forum. I am happy to say that several of my friends (Denise, Ki, Jennifer and Connie) were also chosen - and I'm looking forward to getting to know the remaining two winners, Chantal and Sylvie!

Here are my winning entries:

(edited to remove them until I've got the OK from Wendy! oops!)

Thanks again to Katrina for helping me choose which three to send in!!

I'm really looking forward to getting the kits and stretching my creativity - maybe this is the boost that my scrapbooking mojo needs!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, these are wonderful layouts, and it is with no wonder you were chosen. I have often looked to your designs for inspiration, so I am very happy to hear you made the cut.

    Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sue! I missed your layouts, but can't wait to see them! It's absolutely wonderful to have you on the team and it's gonna be a blast! See you in the promise land. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS my talented friend!!! You so totally deserve this! SOO happy for you! I can't wait to see your designs each month!

    Couldn't have happened to a better person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee yipee yipee yipee!!! Welcome to the team darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOOO HOOO!!!! Welcome to the group. It is SOOOOO great to have you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are gonna do a fab job!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should I start calling you Cate with a title like that? *S*

    Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

    You rock and are totally deserving of a spot on the S! DT. Can't wait to see more of your stuff (and those winning layouts once Wendy gives the okay).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Sue!!! I know that this is a dream come true for you!!! I can't wait to see your new DT mojo at work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! I am SO thrilled for you, Sue!!! Congrats!!!! Your work is absolutely amazing and you totally deserve this! I'm just sad that I'm leaving and will miss being on the team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEAH!! So excited to work with you (and hopefully learn lots of photography stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOHOO!!! Happy dance happening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How come I didn't know you had a blog? Love your title! And I'm SO happy that you are on the dt! I'm so looking forward to all your layouts every month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...