Saturday, May 26, 2007

I can't believe it!

10 days have passed since my last entry! Wow...

Okay, so instead of apologizing (again) for being negligent in my blogging (again), I will fill you in on what we've been doing for the last few weeks.

Connor is now playing soccer, in addition to baseball. So Mondays and Wednesdays will find two, if not all four, of our family members at the ball diamond, and Tuesdays and Thursdays at the soccer pitch! He is doing well at both sports - in fact, he scored a goal on Tuesday! Which is not as easy a feat as it was last year when they were on a smaller pitch. We skipped soccer on Thursday, as he's sporting a HUGE blister on his foot from his new cleats. So hopefully by Tuesday, it will have healed.

As well, we've been busy prepping for his First Communion, which is tomorrow. I should be, as I type, hemming his pants, but I'm procrastinating! :D I HATE hemming pants. And I know what you're saying... "Why didn't you just take them to Stitch It at the Mall?" and "Why did you wait til the last minute?" And I have a good reason for both! We didn't have any shoes!

Between Gary and I, we looked in 3 different cities, at 3 Payless Shoes, 2 Zellers, 2 Walmart and even a consignment shop!! Do you think I could find a pair of black dress shoes in a Size 2?? Impossible!! I even resorted to calling Merlo's Formalwear and inquired about renting a pair of tux shoes... and they wanted $26 for those ugly patent things! Luckily, I, in desperation, called Connor's godparents, Lisa & Kevin. They have two boys who are a few years older than Connor - I was hoping that she hadn't purged through their stuff yet! Thank Goodness they had a pair, or Connor would have been strutting up to the altar in his sharp black pinstripe suit... and black baseball flip flops!

And so, I leave you as I head out to do more laundry and finally hem his pants. But I will be back early in the week with photos to share!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Connor!! It will be an exciting day for him. Are you having a big ol' party afterwards?!! I miss those days... Good luck hemming! Can't stand those types of chores...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he looked like a million bucks! I don't like hemming either so I can totally relate! Hope all went well! Congrats Connor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Conor, this is a big day for him, can't wait to see the photos.

    Hemming... no way!!! I will take it to the mall to get done, or to the expensive taylor, I don't do that in fear I would make it crooked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...