Saturday, July 18, 2009

Change

The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.


- Flora Whittemore


First, let me apologize (to those die-hard few who still check in from time to time, holding out hope that I will one day surprise them and post more than once a month...) for my long absence in posting.

These last few months have given way to a few deep conversations with my hubby and best friend, Gary; a lot of self-discussions, weighing pros and cons and a whole lotta soul searching. This month, I had to make a decision that, like the quote above, closes one door and opens another, forever changing our lives as a family.

On Wednesday, July 15th, my company, Just Cre8, revealed our August Cre8ive and Scrap packs.

It was also the day that I made my announcement - that the August kits were to be my last.

It was an extremely difficult decision for me. I wavered on my decision for several weeks before deciding that ultimately, I had to make a choice that was best for our family as a whole. It does not make the outcome any easier to swallow and there have been many tears on my part, thinking of all that I have put into Just Cre8 over the past two+ years and all that I will miss, but there has also been hope and anticipation over what is to come - to see what door will now open, as this one closes.

I am so very thankful for all that Just Cre8 has brought into my life:

* every member of my talented Cre8ive Crew over the years, all of whom I consider in my circle of friends. Having spent nearly every day of your time with JC8, either online chatting or during our rare but memorable girls' weekends, I feel like I know you inside and out, and look forward to continuing our friendships in the future

* new friends from all over world, whether they came to me as a customer or as a member of our online community. Having shared daily gripes, stories of our families, recipes, words of encouragement or our obsessive passion for our scrapbooking craft, I truly feel blessed, knowing that I have friends all over this great wide world in which we live.

* a new appreciate for my husband. Whether he was putting the kids to bed so I could finish putting a kit together, or taking the kids to the park to give me a few hours of much needed sleep, he went above and beyond all that I expected in a partner. He supported me every step of the way, whether it was taping up boxes, playing Devil's Advocate when I needed advice, coming up with new technology that would drive Just Cre8 one step closer to our goal of ultimate customer service... I love you, Gar.

I cannot look back on the past 28 months and feel sad over what I am losing. Instead, I feel proud of what I have accomplished, friends I have gained, a deeper love for my husband and kids and the memory of running a successful business, which encourages people to leave their legacy for their own families.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. sue, you are one amazing lady - you have done so much for so many people, more than you may know as well.

    thank you for being a part of my life everyday for the last couple years!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...