Thursday, July 23, 2009

If I had to do it all over...

Do you ever look back on your wedding and think, Gee if I had the chance to do it all over...?

To be honest, I don't have many regrets about our wedding day. I was super organized (my bridal party LAUGHED at me when I handed them an agenda on the day of my wedding shower... :D) and had spent alot of time, making sure the details were just perfect.

Now, in retrospect, when I realize how much it cost my parents to throw our perfect wedding day, I think it would have been wiser to jet off to Jamaica with our families and closest friends and tie the knot on the beach at sunset.

In fact, that was the original idea.

But the horrified look on my mom's face when I casually mentioned it, while browsing through Jackson's Fine China store, was enough to squelch that idea. I think she wanted one last hurrah, one last kick at the can - after all, not only was I seven years younger than my middle sister, but I was also getting married at an age that was nearly five years OLDER than either of my sisters when they got married. My mom wanted one last big Italian wedding to plan - and I'm glad we spent all that time together.

Mornings spent walking around the track at the Complex, talking menus and flowers. Dress shopping in Windsor, London, Toronto and even Michigan - only to find my dress in Leamington, right at home! Seating plans and invitations - Lord, how I love planning events and weddings are the ultimate!

So... would I have changed our wedding day? I would say, Absolutely NOT! - if you had asked me yesterday.

And then I saw this this morning:



And now I think, well, maybe I would have changed ONE thing... :D

1 comment:

  1. LOL Sue. I JUST saw this video on someone's facebook - it is AWESOME! I would have been all over it like a fat kid on a smartie...but there is no way that 80% of our wedding party would have gone for it (including hubby!) But seriously, how fun would that be!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...