Monday, January 18, 2010

Thanksgiving traditions

I know we're going back but I just realized that I posted my traditional What I'm Thankful For post, but didn't touch on any of our annual traditions!

Every year, with the exception of my mom's last one, we celebrate Thanksgiving in Erin with Gary's family.  We follow several traditions each year: 
* my mother-in-law makes her famous brussel sprout soup (the best evah!)
* walks on the Bruce Trail
* Erin Fall Fair
Ever year, Erin celebrates Thanksgiving with the Erin Fall Fair.  Each year, we bundle up (unless it's raining) and head to the fair to spend ridiculous amounts of cash on ride tickets, clear out our sinuses with the offending stench of farm animals and stuff ourselves silly with carnival food, including but not limited to caramel corn, cotton candy, caramel apples and slushies.

This year, Aili was disappointed as she was not tall enough to go on any of the "big kids" rides and she was limited to the dragon mini-coaster.  As you can see, her spirits are just crushed... *rolls eyes*

This year, Connor braved the Free Fall - I was supposed to go on it with him but at the last minute, decided to take photos instead.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you've never heard of Free Fall, it's a tall structure with a circular setting of seats around the base.  You're strapped in and cables pull you up...


to the very top/


And then.... it drops you!  You free fall for about 4 or 5 seconds, until uber-magnets kick in and grab onto your seats and slow it down.


Connor loved it!  Well, maybe not LOVED - tolerated, without losing his lunch, may be a better term.

On the walk home, I snapped this fun photo of the kids:

Connor looks so cool and handsome in his shades.  Aili's out of focus, but I love her expression of glee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...