Tuesday, March 09, 2010

London Regionals and the Nikon D90

I am FINALLY getting around to posting the photos from Connor's WOSA Championships swim meet in London in February.  Even though his swim times didn't improve during this meet, he still managed to place in the top 25 out of all of the kids in the region!  We are so proud of him!

I managed to get a chance to play with the new D90 that Nikon sent to me, while my D70 is being cleaned/repaired.  Oh. My. Word.  I am in love.  I was really hoping that Nikon Repair would call and say that it was beyond hope, and would I mind just keeping the D90 as a promo item?  Sadly, they didn't - and it was only about $140 to clean and adjust the focussing sensors so I am still unable to justify a new camera purchase, until I start setting up some photo shoots again.

Even though the quality of these photos should be justification enough...

During warm-ups:
On the starting block for his 50m Backstroke:
In the home stretch for 50 m Backstroke:
More Backstroke:
During the Butterfly leg of the IM (Individual Medley)
Backstroke leg of the IM:
But here is my favourite photo from the whole weekend.  I have plans to enlarge it to at least an 11"x14" and have it dry mounted for Connor's room:
These were all taken with the Nikon D90 and the Nikkor 70-300mm VR lens.

I am truly and deeply in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...