Monday, April 05, 2010

Getting to know me... 2010 edition

This was sent to me, via email, by my lovely friend.  I met Julie through an online forum about 5 years ago, and was lucky enough to meet her during a layover in Calgary while en route to Saskatchewan.

I know what you're thinking... What?  You flew to Calgary on the way home from Saskatchewan??

WestJet, for some reason, backtracks to Alberta and then crosses OVER Saskatchewan when flying from Saskatoon to London!

And they wonder why flights are so expensive...

Anyhoo.... Julie drove into Calgary and met me for lunch at the airport during my two hour layover.  We got on famously, and talked the whole time... in fact, I was almost late for my connecting flight! :)  I'm hoping to meet up again the next time I fly into Calgary!

In the meantime, she sent me this little Getting to Know You quiz - 2010 Edition.  I normally don't partake in mass emails, but this one looked fun, and good for a little procrastination!

1. What is your occupation right now? Accountant.  Writer.  Photographer.  Teacher.  Mom.  Take your pick.

2. What colour are your socks right now? Pink

3. What are you listening to right now? Beautiful Day by U2

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Marshmallow egg

5. Can you drive a stick shift?  But of course!

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Gary, via BlackBerry Messenger

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Absolutely!

8. How old are you today? 42.  And holding.

9. What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?  Hockey, with soccer and football tied for second place.

10. What is your favourite drink? Lime Margharitas and Bailey's on ice.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?  Ever since I was 19 - heck, I can't even REMEMBER my original shade!

12. Favourite food?  King crab legs

13. What is the last movie you watched? Up In The Air

14. Favorite day of the year? First day of school! :D

15. How do you vent anger? I'd say yoga... but there's nothing like a good cleansing scream.

16. What was your favourite toy as a child? Easy Bake oven.  Barbie Stylin' Head.

17. What is your favourite season? Fall

18. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries

19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? I want them to post their answer on THEIR blog, with a link in my comments so I can see! :)

20. Who is the most likely to respond?  I dunno!

21. Who is least likely to respond? I dunno!

22. Living arrangements? Hubby, son, daughter.

23. When was the last time you cried? January

24. What is on the floor of your closet? Bag of clothes to donate.  Basket of shoes.  Laundry Basket.  Clothes that missed the aforementioned item.

25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? n/a

26. What did you do last night? Easter dinner with family, then played Wii.

27. What are you most afraid of?  Something terrible happening to any of my family members or friends.

28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger? Cheese, please - but make mine mozzarella and don't be afraid to add some sauteed onions and mushrooms, and a bit of bbq sauce, too!

29. Favourite dog breed? Golden Retrievers, of course.
30. Favourite day of the week? Friday.  The only day where we don't have swim practice or gymnastics or meetings... it's our Family night.

31. How many countries have you lived in? 1

32. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds - much less pretentious and a whole lot more sparkly!

33. What is your favourite flower? Gerbera Daisy, Stargazer Lily, Dahlia, Iris... I'm not particular, if you want to send them...
There you have it - 33 answers about me that you may not have know, or even cared about...  Will you share your answers on your blog??

1 comment:

  1. awesome sue!! and a great idea to use it as a blog post!

    :) looking forward to the next time you "fly" through town!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...