Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Whew!

What a busy week we've had!!

Between co-ordinating the Blog Hop and getting the kids ready for school, I'm ready for a little vacation... :)

Today, we sent off our 6th grader and 1st grader:


It was bittersweet - this year was the first summer that we have been home with the kids this much.  And while their bickering and nattering were enough to drive me mad some days, it was nice to spend some family time together, just hanging out by the pool, laying together on our bed reading, etc.

I'm excited to see who their teachers will be, and which friends will be in their classes!  Aili's been lucky, as she has had the same teacher and classmates for the last two years - her JK teacher was so happy with her class that she requested to teach SK and to keep the same students!  So this is going to be a big adjustment for her.  And Connor may be in a portable again this year!  While I'm angry that this new school has already had to implement the use of 16 new portables, I'm sad over the classmates that the kidlets will lose when they move to the new school being built, to help with overcrowding.  I guess we can't have it both ways, right?

And so I'm off to have a tea and rest - not feeling so hot today.  Only 5 hours and 34 minutes until the bus arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...