Monday, November 08, 2010

iTeam Challenge - WeScrap

It's my turn to post the iTeam challenge over at WeScrap!

In sorting through my supplies, I came across A LOT of product that I found myself repeating, "OMGosh, I forgot about that!" and "Hey, I didn't know I had that!?!" :s

So when it came time to prepare a challenge, I decided to take it old school and follow at least part of the old wedding adage, "Something Old, Something New..."

Supplies:  Canvas Concepts 4" canvas, The Stamp Barn stamp, General and Derwent watercolour pencils, DecoArt paint, Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearls, Doodlebug Designs alphabet stickers, ribbon (unknown).

Using some of the painting techniques that I learned in the Donna Downey class that I took, with my friend Holly, I painted the backgound pink (of course) with touches of white, and added a white cloud, using my watercolour pencils to add shading.

I stamped the unicorn onto Canadian Scrapbooker SuperStock, using The Stamp Barn's Enchanted Hollow stamp.  Using my watercolours, I added shading and colour and then highlighted the mane and tail with Stickles.  I used Liquid Pearls in Pewter to colour the unicorn horn, and once it was nearly dry, I used the tip of my scissor to score the lines.


I think that I may go back and stamp another image and add some dimension by adding another layer of the mane, tail and horn - if I can pry it away from her! :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...