Saturday, May 07, 2011

Fun House Projects!

** If you are here for the WeScrap blog hop, please click HERE!! **

I had a lot of fun working with the WeScrap kit, Fun House, this month!

Here are my projects:

First, I created a quick and easy mini album, using the adorable little chunky chipboard book from Bare Elements:

Supplies used:  Bare Elements mini chipboard book; Bazzill Basic cardstock; Crate Paper and Echo Park patterned papers; Echo Park letter and border stickers; EK Success, Marvy Uchida, Fiskars and Creative Memories punches; Sakura Pigma Micron pen.

In it, I used some of the photos I had laying around that Connor's SK teacher had given me at the end of the year.  I just picked my favourites, trimmed them to 3"x 3" and stuck them in!  A few scraps of patterned paper and voila!



Another layout uses this adorable photo from Aili's "graduation" from the LatchKey daycare program that she and Connor attended:


Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Echo Park patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Mini Pennants); Versamark ink; Ranger embossing powder; Echo Park letter stickers; Martha Stewart, EK Success, Creative Memories and Marvy Uchida punches; Glue Dots; twine, brad.

The banner was stamped with myStamp BOX's Mini Pennants on patterned paper and wet embossed.  I didn't think the brown rim on the black letters matched my layout so using my circle punch, I punched out the letters, after affixing them to scrap cardstock.  I then attached them to the pennants with dimensional foam.



The flower was handmade.  I created it by punching 3 circles (2 large, 1 smaller) from patterned paper.  Then using my mister, I saturated the paper with water and scrunched them up.  I left them to dry and then punched a hole through the middle of all three and stacked them, using a brad as my centre.


This layout was done for the NSD sketch that we featured on the WeScrap blog.


Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Echo Park patterned paper and stickers; Martha Steward and Marvy Uchida punches; Sakura Pigma Micron pen; Glue Dots; misc buttons; ric rac.

Taken during a visit  to my parents' home, on the way home from the hospital with Aili, these photos were hard for me to scrap.  I still miss my mother, daily.  Especially when I see photos like this and realize that my children never really got a chance to know their grandmother.

Here's some details:




And my last layout, created for the Leave Your Legacy Challenge posted on Friday:

Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Echo Park patterned paper, border and letter stickers; Jenni Bowlin label stickers; Martha Stewart Crafts, Marvy Uchida, McGill and Fiskars punches; Making Memories Slice machine and Just Chillin' design card; VersaMark ink; Embossing Powder Candy Store powder (Transparent Liquid Glass); Glue Dots; toothpick.  Photo by Stacey Witherspoon.

The flowers were handmade.  The yellow one was made as described in my Bye LatchKey layout above.  The small green/red one is simply a circle, cut in a spiral and rolled.  You can see many tutorials on You Tube like this one.  The large red flower are patterns cut from the EchoPark paper, inked and layered.  For my flower centre, I punched two small retro flower shapes, curled the petals with a skewer and layered them, along with a button:


The "20" was die cut with the Slice from cardstock.  I then inked the numbers with VersaMark and heat embossed three times with the Transparent Liquid Glass, for a glossy, epoxy-like finish.


If you enjoyed these layouts, you can purchase your Fun House kit in the Etsy store - and check out the blog hop post below for a coupon to save 25% off your purchase TODAY ONLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...