Friday, September 23, 2011

Leave Your Legacy: Maiden Voyage

Time for a new Leave Your Legacy challenge! If you're new to my blog, welcome! You can learn more about my Leave Your Legacy challenge here.

We live in a beautiful country.  According to Wikipedia, Canada is the second largest country in the world, after Russia.  She has the longest coastline in the world.  She also has more lakes than any other country, containing much of the world's fresh water.  Despite all of these features, she is still a country with one of the lowest population density - shhhhh...  Don't tell anyone how great Canada is!! :D

And so, having lived most of my life in Ontario (with the exception of my third year spent at L'Universite Laval in Quebec) and a mere 3 hours from one of Canada's seven wonders, Niagara Falls, it's slightly embarrassing to say that while I've been to the Falls several times, I have NEVER experienced them via the Maid of the Mist!

So, when our friends, the Lepages, visited from Saskatchewan, I knew that this was something that I wanted to experience!  It was definitely a highlight of our sight-seeing trip, made all the more special because I was able to share it with them.

Now, here's your challenge this week:

Be a tourist in your own city/province!  Do something tourist-y that you haven't done yet and then scrap about it!  Be sure to journal about why you haven't visited this tourist location yet, and with whom you finally shared your experience!

My layout was created using a sketch by Jennifer Benoit that will reveal tomorrow for WeScrap's Sketchy Saturday, so you'll have to check back tomorrow!  Here's a little sneak peek for now:


Don't you love the play on words for the title?  "Maid" of the Mist + first trip on the boat = "Maiden Voyage"

Yeah, well, I thought it was pretty clever.  What do I know? :)

If you'd like to participate in this year long challenge, please share your layout below, using Linky Tools, by 11:59pm EST on December 31st, 2011. Please see the Leave Your Legacy page for guidelines, before linking here. Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...