Friday, September 30, 2011

myStamp BOX Fall Showcase

Note:  My apologies - this post went live in error, prior to the myStamp BOX posting so I'm re-sharing it!  You can view the design team members' projects here.

Today, the myStamp BOX blog has a Fall Showcase to inspire you, with projects from the design team!

For my project, I FINALLY completed a mini album with photos from my family's last Thanksgiving together with my mom, in 2004.  I started decorating the album at the SK Scraps crop last year and I've had the photos printed for a while.  I just haven't had the inspiration or heart to work on it.

Until now.

Here's my mini:

Supplies used above:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; SEI patterned paper; Maya Road chipboard album; myStamp BOX stamps (Straightforward, Repeat After Me); Tsukineko and Tim Holtz Distress inks;  Ranger embossing powder; Maya Road chipboard swirl and key;  Scrap FX chipboard flower; KaiserCraft pearls; Me and My Big Ideas rhinestone; American Crafts felt flower; Ranger Glossy Accents; Glue Dots; miscellaneous book rings, flower, skeleton leaf, ribbons and lace. 

The Maya Road Coffee Break mini album was a board book-type mini album, but I wanted more range of movement between the pages.  So using my craft knife, I split the binding and cut it apart.  I then used my Crop-o-dile, after completing all my pages, and punched two holes through each page and assembled using book rings.  And of course, I had to fancy it up with some yummy ribbons and lace!

It's very subtle, but after inking the chipboard with gold ink, I used a brown ink and stamped a burlap pattern, using the Repeat After Me stamp set.


The mini album title was stamped in gold ink and embossed.  I then fussy cut it and adhered it with foam dots.

All pages feature one decorated page with journaling and a full photo on the facing page.  I've also included some detail photos to show the stamping.


Supplies used above:  Bazzill Basics bling cardstock; SEI patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Seal It!, No Place Like Home, Just Add Notes); Tsukineko and Tim Holtz Distress inks;  Glue Dots; The Twinery twine; Marvy Uchida pen; miscellaneous button.

Supplies used above:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; SEI patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Mini Pennants, Just Add Notes); Tim Holtz Distress ink;  Glue Dots; The Twinery twine; Marvy Uchida pen.


Supplies used above:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; SEI patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Funky CirclesJust Add Notes); Tsukineko and Tim Holtz Distress inks;  Ranger embossing powder; Marvy Uchida, EK Success and Creative Memories punches; Fiskars foam adhesive; Marvy Uchida pen.


Supplies used above:  Bazzill Basics bling cardstock; SEI patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Repeat After Me, Mini Alphas); Tim Holtz Distress ink;  Fiskars and McGill punches; Marvy Uchida pen.


Supplies used above:  SEI patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Repeat After Me, Funky Flowers, Just Add Notes); Tim Holtz Distress ink;  Creative Memories punches; Glue Dots; KaiserCraft pearl; Marvy Uchida pen.


Supplies used above:  SEI patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Passport to Adventure); Tim Holtz Distress ink;  Creative Memories punches; KaiserCraft pearl; Marvy Uchida pen.

The last three pages featured similar layouts, with little variation:

Supplies used above:  Bazzill Basics bling cardstock; SEI patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Repeat After MeMini Alphas, Bold Blocks); Tim Holtz Distress ink;  Making Memories paper piercer.

If you've make it this far, THANK YOU! :)  And be sure to check out the other Design Team members' projects for more inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. what a great way to remember our last thanksgiving together with the entire family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, so glad that you were able to make those special memories together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your book, Sue!! Gorgeous fall themed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...