Monday, August 20, 2012

Seven Sunday Blessings: Aug 19


I didn't get a chance to blog this weekend, since I was at my sweet friend, Holly's place for the weekend for some girly scrapping time.  Jennifer also spent the weekend with us, and Leanne was able to join us for Friday evening (and brought some delicious Thai food with her!)  We had a wonderful time scrapping, laughing and catching up with each other.  Late nights and early mornings took their toll and I didn't get a chance to be thankful yesterday!  So here we are on Monday, with Sunday blessings...

This past week, I was thankful:

1.  For D, one of my co-workers at my newest store.  She called me on Monday night to confirm that I would be into work on Tuesday (my hours have been sporadic at best over the last few weeks) because she made me an authentic Chinese dinner to take home!! We haven't ordered Chinese in a few months, after deducing that Aili is probably allergic to MSG - she was so excited to be able to eat it!  And it was DELICIOUS!!  So grateful for the new friends at this store - they are so kind and thoughtful...

2.  For my family.  We celebrated Aili's birthday quietly with just the immediate family at a brunch at our place and it was so nice to just hang out in the backyard and teach my niece's boyfriend how to play bocce! :)

3.  For the talented designers who make up the Inspiration Elevator team.  Not only do they create incredible challenges that get me to think outside of the box, but then they WOW me each month with their designs!

4.  For fresh figs, found at Costco this week.  They remind me of my Dad's fig trees!

5.  That Gary is starting to regain his strength (albeit slowly).  There have been some issues that we are working through with his doctor, but he will start with the Cardiac Care Wellness program soon, which will help us both manage his recovery.

6.  For TLC and Honey Boo Boo.  For affirming that I am not the worst mom because I make my kids empty the dishwasher before they go out to play, despite what they think... After all, that show just proves it could be much worse... :)

7.  That I managed to get three layouts done this weekend, plus a sketch for the September It's a Sketchy Challenge that I will reveal on September 1st!

What are YOU thankful for this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...