This week, I am thankful:
1. To my cousins, Connie and Gabe, for inviting our extended family out for a Christmas dinner on Saturday, complete with gifts from Santa for the kids and a Secret Santa exchange for the adults! It was so great to catch up with all of my cousins and their families - we need to make a point to do it more often!
2. For the joy that holiday baking brings. Shortbread, white chocolate biscotti, almond fudge, chocolate crinkles and Bailey's truffles. Yum. I made up boxes to give away at our dinner on Saturday. Now I need to replenish the stock for our Christmas Eve dinner with our family.
3. That Gary and I managed to squeeze in time for our annual Christmas shopping trip that we take every year. We both take the day off, get the kids on the bus and spend the day shopping, having lunch and then racing back to get the car unpacked before the kids get home! This year, we didn't make it and had to hide our purchases in the garage until they went to bed! :)
4. That my Christmas tree is up (and decorated!), and that our holiday decorations have once again taken over our home. I LOVE Christmas!
5. For the wonderful cards that we have been receiving from family and friends. It warms my heart to see a brightly coloured envelope mixed in with the bills! :)
6. For gingerbread villages and watching the kids enjoy decorating the houses. I'm not so crazy about the constant, "Can we eat them yet?" badgering that I am getting...
7. To Connor for sharing his deep-fried Mars bar birthday dessert that they brought him at Kelseys. It was delicious!
What are YOU thankful for?
P/S: Don't forget about the following challenges on my blog for a chance to win: