Wednesday, August 02, 2006

August kit is out!

Okay, so I'm a day late with that announcement... But I've been off work, sick, for TWO days now! That usually NEVER happens! :(

At any rate, just when I think that I've found my kit favourite, another one comes out! The August kit is definitely one of my faves, colourwise, and the embossing powders are scented! Mmmm...

Here are a couple of my designs this month:

Elusive Pigtails:



Pull out journaling (tucked under photo at top) reads:

Okay, I admit it – as soon as we found out that we were having a little girl, i went out and bought dresses, shoes and pink everything – despite saying that we wouldn’t rely on the tech’s prediction. I couldn’t wait for baby girl pigtails!

But you, my dear, did not co-operate! Or rather, your hair didn’t! While your brother was blessed with lots of hair, you decidedly were not!

Try as I might, I could not coax those curls into a pony! While it grew long on top, it stayed short along the hairline.

So imagine my delight when one day, having almost given up hope, I managed to squeak out these two delightful pigtails!

I’m happy now! :)


Roly Poly:



Photo swings open to reveal journaling which reads:

Oh, Connor, how this photo makes me smile and giggle every time I see it! You were only four months old in this photo and already such a little pudge! No one would believe me when I told them that you were 6 lbs, 3 oz at birth, and only 5 lbs, 9 oz a handful of days later!

This outfit was a favourite of mine, although you didn’t wear it much, because you were always so warm! Dave and Pam Bratton gave it to you as part of our shower gift. The little bear is mine that I bought one year, long before becoming a mom was even a remote possibility, passed onto you to snuggle and love.

The tongue out was a constant with you, too. You came by that honestly, as I did it as a child, and still, to this day, if I am engrossed in something, the tongue will come out in fierce concentration!

I took this photo of you to preserve that adorable little outfit, but came away with a wide array of wonderful memories.

April 10th, 2000

I have another one to scan and one more on the go... Love this kit!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME layouts! I love those pigtails! And this kit is gorgoues! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the LOs you did, sue! they are awesome! and the journaling is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the kit and I love love love the pigtails one. I too am wishing for it. Almost!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...