Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hello, Grade Two!!

Well, we all survived the first day of school! We were actually organized and prepared this morning, despite the alarm not going off (well, it would have.. at 5:30 PM :))

All decked out, with his new knapsack (sling style - very cool!) and new school supplies, Connor headed out the door and onto the bus, raring to meet his new teacher, Mme. Taylor, and make some new friends.

In the new year, his school will be moving to their new home, Lakeshore Discovery School. It's completion date is January 31st. It is supposedly a one-of-a-kind type of school, having a theme of "discovery" and having artifacts from history to inspire learning. Click here for a Discovery Theme Tour. Scroll over the red dots to see the artifacts to be displayed.


I, of course, have a few qualms about sending my baby to such a big school!! 800 children!! Yikes! But the principal, John Howitt, is an acquaintance of ours. His wife, Patti, used to work at McGill with Gary, and they're a fantastic family. If anyone can pull this off, John can!!

And so, another year begins... New things to learn, to friends to make, new adventures to discover...

Happy First Day of School!!

Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. WOW - 800 kids - thats a HUGE school!!!! He will do great - after all, you raised him!!! Great shots - you know you got a real hottie in the making there doncha?! Get the baseball bat ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, he is cutie!!! Your phone is going to be smoking in the very near future!! Hope this is a fabulous year for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. his is one handsome boy, and I love the shoes, My FS got the same pair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! That new school sounds sort of neat - except for the size!! Wow..I grew up with 250 kids in my school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome boy. That school sounds awesome, lots of students, but awesome conceot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some AWESOME photos of Conner, Sue! I hope his day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a whole lotta kids! Typically I'd assume a large school like that would offer exceptional programming. I hope that's the case here. Also wanted to comment on that awesome photo of Connor. He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome young man Connor is, you have captured some fantastic shots of him Sue. I agree with the other ladies, you might want to invest in a second line soon, cause the girls will be calling!!!!

    That school sounds awesome and for your sake I hope it all works out. 800 kids sounds HUGE, but everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous photo of Connor. I might redo some of my school pictures of Micah now that I have my 50 mm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...