Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Little Big Girl!!

Editor's note: I've had this post in my drafts waiting for edited photos! I'm just going to post it as the next x minutes are dedicated to blog updating - as long as the big bowl of rice entertains the troops here!


I'm over two weeks late in posting this, but feel compelled to bore you all with the tale and pictures! ;)

Our little big girl turned THREE this year! August 13th marked the momentous occasion. We held her party out at my sister and brother-in-law's place in Leamington. And because I didn't want to inconvenience her, we hauled everything (and I mean EVERYTHING!) for the party out there!

It was just family and close friends. My good friend, Catherine, with whom I have been friends since the first day of nursery school (think: JK) with Mrs. Tippett, was in town for several weeks this summer. She flies over from Ireland every year, kids in tow and spends five or six weeks visiting family and friends. Her hubby, Mark, flies out for the last two and they they fly back. In past years, our schedules have prevented meeting up with them, but this year, she called me on my birthday and we made plans then for them to come to Aili's birthday party. It was so nice to see them! I hadn't met her youngest two, Senan and Emily, yet, and the last time I had seen Cian, he was only a year or so old! Of course, we were so busy catching up, watching the kids in the pool and organizing food that we completely forgot to get a photo together... :(


We swam, we barbecued, we ate cake! Oh, and opened presents! It was definitely a Diego birthday this year! Her godmother, Sarah, made her little Diego cupcakes. We picked up a plain cake with "Go, Aili, Go! Happy Birthday!" in the lower right hand corner. We bought her a Fisher Price Diego Adventure Set, complete with Diego and Baby Jaguar figures, and set it up on the cake! It was a bit lopsided and definitely wouldn't have compared to anything that my friend, Marina, could have made, but Aili loved it!


We ended a very long day with a bonfire and marshmallow roast and then took our tired but happy campers home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...