Monday, March 10, 2008

This is what kids will do to you...

On March 7th, 2008... I actually baked muffins... from SCRATCH! LOL!

Now, in all honesty, I really DO love to bake and cook - it just seems that there is never enough time to spend hours creating the perfect meal or scrumption dessert. And when I do get the urge to bake, it's usually comes from a package, since we never have the ingredients on hand!

But on Friday, after watching Emily Yeung (whom, I must say, is so much cuter and less annoying than that Daniel Cook!!) learn how to bake chocolate chip muffins, Aili got it into her pretty (read: stubborn) little head that we should make muffins too...

And so we found a recipe for which we had all ingredients and dug right in!

I have a mini muffin pan, so after giving her a few spoons to work with, I let her at it! Please ignore the cheesy grin - for some reason, my children feel the need to make this face every time I point a camera at them...

And finally, the finished product! Quite tasty too! So I think I've filled my baking quota for the year, between Gary's birthday cake last week and these muffins... I think I may try some choclate chip cookies this week though... ;)

(Editor's Note: I found this while searching for a link for Emily Y - hilarious!)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on fitting in some baking! I can totally relate to how you feel about not having enough time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...