Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy 2009!!

We spent a quiet evening at home with the kids and Gary's parents, watching the ball drop. A far cry from our exciting NY gala events and trips to Mexico, but heartwarming, just the same.

Did you think about your New Year's Resolutions? After following the trend of making resolutions, only to fall off the wagon, by February, I've decided to set certain goals that I'd like to achieve, rather than actual specific goals. And I figure if I list them here, I'll have more incentive to keep up with it!

2009 GOALS

Create a documentary
In 2008, we found that many of our day to day family experiences were taken for granted and not documented. This year, we've decided to capture more of our day to day life by having EACH of our family members take at least ONE photo of a part of their day, to get everyone's perspective. It may not always happen but even 50% would be an improvement over last year!

Try a little kindness
In keeping with the Pay It Forward theory to which we subscribe, I am going to attempt to practice random acts of kindess each week. It may be a kind gesture, like buying coffee for the person behind me in the Tim Horton's drive through, or as simple as smiling at a stranger. Kindess makes the world go round.

Live healthy
In order to encourage good eating habits in the children, and to avoid the "Do as I say, and not as I do" method for healthy living, I am going to schedule at least 20 minutes a day for cycling or walking, working up to 45 minutes by the end of the year. More fruits and vegetables and taking the time to eat at regular intervals will help to speed up my metabolism as well.

All in the family
This year, I will try to find a better balance between work and home. Super late nights should be the exception, rather than the norm. Spending time with our nuclear family, as well as extended family and friends will be a priority.

Cre8ive Outlet
As excited as I am to be running my own business, I am saddened by how much it has detracted from my own scrapbooking time. This year, I have created a monthly schedule of dates and have emailed my old group of scrapbooking friends, knowing that they will hold me to it. I find that if I have planned time to scrap with friends, I'm less likely to set it aside for other matters. So I am hoping to be more productive with my own kits! :)

Organize 101
My word of the year this year is going to be SIMPLIFY. With Connor accelerating to Silver in swimming, and Aili hoping to take gymnastics this year, our lives are only going to get busier. The goal is to simplify our home (a place for everything and everything in it's place) so that less time is spent tidying and searching for items. I think I may ease myself into the Fly Lady's routine...

There is much more that I hope to accomplish this year, but we'll begin with baby steps... Happy New Year to all of our friends and family! Wishing everyone much joy, happiness, health and prosperity in 2009!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...