Friday, February 12, 2010

Percy Jackson, here we come!

On the off chance that you've been hiding under a rock for the last few months, or maybe you don't a hubby who follows movie trailers with same intensity and passion as mine...

But tonight's the big night!!



Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief opens tonight!  And Connor and I will be heading to the movie theatres for the early show, along with a classmate of his! 

When this movie was first announced, Connor was excited, as he had already been a big fan of the Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series.

And he talked about it.

Constantly.

After a while, I began to realize that unless I wanted to be completely out of the loop, I'd better get on board and at least read the first book in the series, The Lightning Thief.  And so I started the book.

And finished all five books in the series within 10 days. :)

Now, I know that it's not War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy or Ulysses by James Joyce.  And the first few books were obviously written for young readers in the same way that the Harry Potter series were.  But they were well written, humourous and actually reminded me of all of my Greek mythology!  I'd recommend them if you have young readers - it's a great thing to share!

Not to mention that you'd have an excuse to see the movie. :)

With a great cast that includes Uma Thurman as Medusa, Sean Bean as Zeus and Kevin McKidd as Poseidon (can anyone say McArmy? :)), not to mention that it was directed by Chris Columbus of the first two Harry Potter movies, it's sure to be a great movie!

Stay tuned for a review tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Well maybe I need to start on these books once Liam and I are done the Harry Potter series (we are on the 5th) and I have enjoyed them every bit as much as he has. Liam's class are reading the first Percy Jackson book in school, and the teacher is going to take them to see the movie as a Field Trip. He has one of those cool teachers who is barely out of Teacher's College!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...