Monday, April 12, 2010

Show and Tell Time Again!

Rather than overwhelm you with my catch-up posts of layouts completed, I decided to split them up into a couple of posts.  Truth be told, I was debating on whether I wanted to share these just yet - I saw a couple of design team calls that peaked my interest, and they required never-seen-before layouts.  I was concerned that I wouldn't have time to create new layouts before the deadline, but I decided that this would be the kick in the pants that I need to actually come up with something at the ScrapFest crop! :)

A rare, two-pager from me.  This one looks simple but remember what your momma told you - looks can be deceiving!  All of the accent flowers are handcut from the American Crafts paper, and pop-dotted to the background. 


The flower stem is a Maya Road chipboard swirl, covered in Stix 2 Anything Magic Sheets and then sprinkled with glitter.


A favourite photo of Sarah, my niece, with one of my favourite kits.  Journaling is under the photo, on the pull-out title card and talks about how proud I am of her, working and traveling abroad.  More handcut flowers and pop dots...




I liked the way this one turned out - the mix of lime, turquoise and purple; the multiple photos... Of course I forgot to leave room for journaling so I'm going to have to tuck it behind the photo - need to remember this story!

Here's a few detail shots:



Another favourite one of mine - look at those chubby legs! :)  Playing in the sprinkler at Gran & Grandad's house...

Here's the most recent layout that I finished a month or so ago.  I used the Pioneer Woman's Soft & Faded action on the photo (you can download her actions for free HERE).

Butterflies are fussy cut from patterned paper, folded and attached by crease only, for dimension.



Whew!  Thanks for looking, if you've lasted this long!  Hopefully I'll come back next weekend with an armload of layouts to share!

Heck.  Who am I kidding?  I'll be lucky if I get one completed - I'm usually too busy, being social at crops, to actually get things done!

4 comments:

  1. Those are great layouts..you may have to do a tutorial on "actions".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great...thanks for sharing them. I love the "a sprinkle a day" the best I think...just the photo itself is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - i love hand-cutting out all the paper too - just love 3D and the detail looked.

    Have a great time at Scrapfest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the turquoise and lime together -- I have a lime sheet, I've been wondering what I should do with it. I guess that will be part of project #10!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...