Saturday, November 27, 2010

Working Girls Weekend

Er, maybe I should say "Girls' Weekend with some working thrown in"!

Today, I'll be out at Scrapalicious, teaching a Hands On! photography workshop from 12:00 to 3:00pm - I think there's still room, if you are in the area... more details can be found here.  Call Debbie or Virginia at 1.905.614.0085 to reserve your spot and come join us for a fun afternoon of photography!

I came up last night with Nancy, to stay with Holly, after her gracious invitation to host.  Or was that me, bulldozing in and making plans?  Oops.  We are joined by Jennifer Hottinger-Sloan, which will complete our foursome from our great adventures at ScrapFest 2010 in Kitchener! :) 

Hmmm.  Maybe a helmet as a hostess gift would have been a better idea than a bottle of Baileys! :)  At least the Baileys was put to good use last night... ;)

We have grand plans to scrap all weekend, with the exception of the brief jaunt today to Scrapalicious for my class and to probably make a serious dent in my profits by shopping in the store!

Then it's back to Holly's for a late night of scrapping!!  I have several DT assignments to finish up, including my project for Tis The Season - Be Inspired week at WeScrap!  Are you joining us for some inspiration?  I'm hoping that once I'm around these talented ladies, my mojo will return!

I'm also going to try to get some layouts done for the current Canadian Scrapbooker call:


Canadian Scrapbooker wants to see and publish your work. If you have an unpublished, original layout that you want to share with others across Canada, please send it to us! It’s simple. Below you’ll find a quick guide on how to submit your work. Call For SUMMER – Deadline January 15, 2011.

We are currently looking for pages in the below themes:

Layouts that use the colour ORANGE
Layouts that have the following themes or use products that reflect
Weddings
Bring back the 70′s
Bird cages
Layouts that include napkins
Under construction: projects that use construction, graph, survey, etc. products or projects that have a construction theme
Projects that are inspired by a chalkboard or that use chalkboard like products
General Summer and vacation
Projects or layouts that have a recipe on them for our Scrappin' Snacks.

I thought I better start early!  Who else is sending submissions in for this?  Hopefully, all of the Canadian scrappers out there - we LOVE to see new artists featured in the magazine!

So go forth and create!

Or pro-create, if you prefer.  I'll leave that one up to you.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girly.. great you are here.. have fun in your class.. I might need to submit something.. I have no plans so this might be a good thing. Have a fun weekend. HugsXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, Best of luck with your class.

    Congrats on your work with Canadian Scrapbooker too. Wow, 5 years! I have loved this mag from its first edition and the special edition is spectacular! I too will be sending pages in for this call, as I wish to continue my roll of scrappy luck.

    Have fun with your friends this weekend and I hope you get your scrappin' on. Be sure to say hi to fellow Nooker Jennifer for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...