Thursday, February 03, 2011

CP4U Challenge #51

- and my final challenge with the CP4U team. :(

Thanks to Ally and Nicole for allowing me to play with them and their talented team!  I had a fun run but have decided to step back on my DT commitments for now, until I get organized and into a routine.

This week's challenge was for us to choose a prior challenge and use it as inspiration.  I originally chose Nicole's Challenge 31 that I had not completed previously - I loved the mix of white/blue/green colours, with brown thrown in for good measure.  But as I decided on a photo, it evolved and I ended up redoing Ally's Challenge 28 from August 12th - the WalMart ad. 

This layout appeals to my graphic style and it was a quick layout for me!  And I incorporated part of Nicole's challenge by using those colours, along with my favourite - orange! :)

And here's my layout:

Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Fancy Pants patterned paper; Just Cre8 stamps (Worn Out Journaling) and  mini-stamps (Journaling ABC's), Riff Raff Designs chipboard stars, American Crafts Thickers, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, EK Success corner punch.

See?  Simple!  I just cut out 8 pieces of 3"x3" patterned papers, rounded the corners and attached then, along with my photo, to a 9.5" square of white cardstock, which was then affixed, off-centre, to the backgound.  Still not sure if I like the white background, but it's another layout that's completed in my books, so I'm okay with that!

Journaling reads:
Looking at you today, it doesn't seem possible that you were once this small.  Still full of laughter and love though - all that's changed is on the outside.  You are still my beautiful son-shine. 
~ journaling 2011
~ photo 2001

And I have to say, I love those Worn Out Journaling stamps, if I do say so myself!!  One of my Just Cre8 design team members, Ann Costen, used to always rant and rave about them - she loved them for journaling - and I now I see why!  So easy to just stamp onto paper and include straight, neat -or as neat as your handwriting allows - journaling!

As in the words of my favourite villian, Gru:



"Light bulb...." :)

Here are some detailed images:


I love the look of this raw chipboard by Riff Raff Designs - so sad that they aren't continuing production anymore!  Ben was always so great with our orders...  back in November when they made their announcement, they were selling off any remaining stock for $2/piece but I'm not sure what's left now.

Sigh.  Good-bye, Riff-Raff - I will miss you. 

Once I've depleted the box full of your chipboard that I've been hoarding, that is... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...