Sunday, February 06, 2011

Seven Sunday Blessings


This week, I am thankful:

1) for meteorologists who never fail to predict the weather incorrectly.  On Tuesday, we only received about 20cm of snow, as opposed to the 30cm that were forecasted.  But then Saturday, out of the blue, surprising everyone, we had received 7 cm of snow by 8pm!

2) for our snow day on Tuesday.  For seeing the joy on the kids' faces when I announced that they could do whatever they wanted that day, as long as it included 7 different things and that they did each one for at least 30 minutes.  It was refreshing to see how they monitored their computer and TV time themselves and how they chose to spend 2.5 hours outside in the snow, instead!

3) for my daughter for this conversation on Thursday night, while I was tucking her into bed:
Aili (in an incredulous tone):  "Mom, did you know that God is real?!"
Me (smiling and nodding):  "Yep, I know - pretty cool, eh?"
Aili (matter-of-factly):  "Yeah.  He's kinda like Harry Potter..."

4) For an awesome Sunday in Etobicoke at the Dolphin meet with Connor - he bested all of his personal times and won 2-3rd place medals, and placed 5th in his three other races.

5) that I was given the opportunity to be a part of the CP4U design team over the last six months - thanks, Ally and Nicole!

6) for generous online friends.  Thanks, Sue, for my book!  Can't wait to start reading it (and to start brushing up on my French again!)

7) for my awesome photo shoot on Saturday - thanks, Miss S., for being my model!

What are YOU thankful for, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...