Thursday, March 31, 2011

Flying High

or I should say, Flying BY!!

This week, that is. Seems like I just got back from Kitchener and a fun artsy weekend and another weekend is almost upon us!

As mentioned before, our classes with Donna were so worth every penny!  We learned so many different techniques and received lots of goodies.  And not only that, but with it came a new-found freedom to just let go and PLAY!

At one point, during the Inspiration Journal class, she had each of us stand up and go and sit at someone else's spot and create a page using their stuff!  That was a turning point for me, because it was almost like I wasn't working in my book anymore - I lost the fear of "doing something wrong" and just went for it.  The seat I chose didn't have nearly the amount of stuff that I had brought so I'm wondering if the unlimited choices perhaps hinder our creativity, rather than inspire it?

We all managed to corrale Donna into a group photo prior to everyone's departure:

L. to R.: Holly, me, Donna, Lee and Lori

I'm off to take Aili to swimming lessons and then am going to help a friend with her daughter's wedding invitations tonight. 

Watch for an announcement on my blog tomorrow though... :) 

2 comments:

  1. I think you've got it right - I'm far more creative with LESS choice. Though I think the woman who got my seat was probably wondering what happened!! Even with all I bought I was a minimalist :) Can't wait to see you again, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great weekend Sue.
    I think you're right about too much choice - I rarely get out of my comfort zone.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...