Friday, May 20, 2011

Leave Your Legacy: Young Love

Welcome to a new Leave Your Legacy challenge! If you're new to my blog, welcome! You can learn more about my Leave Your Legacy challenge here.

Okay - ready for this week's LYL challenge?

In searching for a photo for a particular design team commitment, I came across some photos from my high school years. I stopped at one in particular and smiled to myself. I remember having a secret crush on one of the boys in our circle of friends. He, of course, just considered me a close friend - ah, unrequited love!

I can remember exactly why everyone, from Grade 9 through to Grade 13, fancied themselves in love with him. He was cute, had a great smile, was kind to everyone - and was one heck of a mean soccer player! We parted ways after Grade 12, when I went to a private school for my final year, and have not seen him since, but oh, the memories one photo can evoke...

So, who was your highschool heartthrob? Here's your challenge this week:

Create a layout, using a photo, if available, of the heartthrob at your high school (Dig out your old yearbooks and scan a photo if necessary!). Describe the reasons you considered he/she to be the school's sweetheart and what memories you have of him/her.

PS If you married the high school heartthrob, more power to you, sister! :D

Here's my layout:


Supplies:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Crate Paper patterned paper and stickers; McGill and EK Success punches; October Afternoon and Basic Grey letter stickers; Pea Sarah font (by Sarah Nolan - download it for FREE here!); American Crafts Slick Writer.

This layout was a direct lift of a this layout by Sarah Nolan, for a ScrapLift Tag Challenge at WeScrap.  I not only lifted the layout, AND her handwriting, but I also included some eye candy!  Albeit 1980's eye candy... :)

I hand cut some scallops after haphazardly sketching them on the back of my cardstock.  I added the doodling, to add to the whimsical feel.


Journaling reads:  Gary Klemens.  In high school, most of the girls in my grade (and other grades!) were in love with him.  Funny, kind, smart, a heck of a soccer player - and cute to boot!  We became good friends in Grade 10 when I tutored him in math, but I'll admit - I harboured a huge crush on him for a while!  Ah, unrequited love...

The label sticker was cut in half and anchored on both the top and bottom opposite corners and layered with punches and more stickers.


If you'd like to participate in this year long challenge, please share your layout below, using Linky Tools, by 11:59pm EST on December 31st, 2011. Please see the Leave Your Legacy page for guidelines, before linking here. Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...