Friday, September 16, 2011

Leave Your Legacy: Sleighbells Ring...

Are you listening?

Welcome to a new Leave Your Legacy challenge! If you're new to my blog, welcome! You can learn more about my Leave Your Legacy challenge here.

Whether it's stuffing yourself silly with turkey and passing out during the fourth quarter of the football game, or heading to the shore every summer, holidays seem to make up a good chunk of our memories.

Ever since I can remember, my family celebrated Christmas on the eve of the holiday.  We had a family dinner, gathered around our Christmas tree (always real) and exchanged gifts.  When midnight neared, we went to mass to celebrate our faith.

Even when my sisters and I got married, we all congregated back to our parents' home, dragging our boyfriends, husbands and children with us.  And sometimes even our dogs!  About 15 years ago, we decided that, as adults, we would pick names.  It eventually evolved into what has now become of our favourite traditions on Christmas Eve:


Secret Santa!  It always results in giggles, playful banter and memories to last a lifetime.

Here's your challenge this week:
Document a family tradition that you and your family (immediate or extended) have.  Include details so that the tradition may be carried on by future generations.  It doesn't have to be a Christmas tradition.  Maybe you have an annual Thanksgiving family football game.  Or an Easter Egg hunt.  Choose a tradition that holds special meaning for you.

Layout to follow...

ETA:  I just discovered that I haven't really captured the essence of our Secret Santa tradition so I will complete this layout after I get photos this year!!

If you'd like to participate in this year long challenge, please share your layout below, using Linky Tools, by 11:59pm EST on December 31st, 2011. Please see the Leave Your Legacy page for guidelines, before linking here. Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...