Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More Layouts!

Two more layouts to share today, using the WeScrap September kit, Off The Press!

Here's the first:


Supplies used:  Bazzill Basic cardstock; Basic Grey patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Just Add Notes); Stamp Craft ink; Marvy Uchida pen; Fancy Pants chipboard alphas; Slice die cutting machine and Basic Shapes design card; Glue Dots; custom painted buttons.  Photo by Gary Sykes.

This photo was taken at a Sarnia swim meet, but it was such a great photo that I had to use it in this layout, documenting our life as a "swim mom" and "swim dad".  Granted, Gary has taken Connor to most of his swim lessons in the past, but in keeping with our "hands on" approach, I want to become more involved this year, and meet more of the parents.

The layout was inspired by the Basic Grey paper, full of these wonderful circles!  However, they were a bit much for a background page so I grabbed my trusty circle punch and got down to business.  I popped a few, using dimensional foam adhesive and laid the photo on top of the popped circles.


The journaling reads, as follows:
Who - Gary and/or I
Where - @ the POOL!
When - 5/7 nights a week, meet weekends
What - w/ Connor in Beavers level, most nights will find us here, iPad in hand...


Using the Basic Shapes design card, I cut the stars out of vintage book paper:


And here's my final layout (so far!):


Supplies used:  Bazzill Basic cardstock; Basic Grey patterned paper; myStamp BOX stamps (Repeat After MeColorful Companion); Stamp Craft ink; Jenni Bowlin chipboard butterflies; KaiserCraft rhinestones; Kanban Crafts transparency; Fancy Pants chipboard alphas; Glue Dots; Marvy Uchida pen; custom painted button; Making Memories rhinestone brads, jute, staples.

I cut the tags out of patterned paper and added stitching stamps and hand doodling around the edges.  I then punched a hole in each and added a knotted length of jute to each.  The butterfly was stamped on the vintage book paper and then fussy cut and attached down the centre only, to add dimension.


Journaling reads:  "Sweet baby girl, with your sparkling green/hazel eyes, fair skin and curly hair... you melt my heart with your all kinds of cuteness!  I love you! <3 <3 <3"

The flowers were handmade and easy peasy to do!!  They are similar to these flowers, but I only used 3 different sized circles for each flower, instead of several layers of one size.


Not super crazy about this one - love the picture and all of the individual elements.  But I just think the placing is off... maybe the top half needs to be a smidge lower on the page?  I dunno - but I'm open to suggestions!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pages! Love the photos, especially the swim meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these layouts! You are an inspiration to me always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...