Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WeScrap September Kit layouts


This month's kit from WeScrap was so much fun!  I created four layouts, and still have nearly two full sheets of patterned paper and scraps of others left over to create another layout, or several cards.  I'll share two of them today.

Here's my first:


Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Basic Grey patterned paper; Creative Memories, EK Success, Martha Stewart Crafts and Marvy Uchida punches; myStamp BOX stamps (Repeat After Me), Stamp Craft ink; Marvy Uchida pen; Prima paper flower; Glue Dots; Fancy Pants chipboard alphas; Stampin' Up! paper piercer; vintage book paper from stash.

Hee hee - love this photo of Connor.  I think he's about five or six months old here, maybe eight?  I'd have to check my notes.  Funny how when you look at the photos, you think you will never forget... Ah, it's a terrible thing, getting old! LOL!

I stamped my stitching around the edge of my layout and at the bottom of my book paper, using my Repeat After Me stamps.  Then, using my paper piercer, I added holes to make it look even MORE authentic! :)


I also used pop dots to add dimension:


The kit came with book paper but it was a little large for what I wanted, so I dug through my vintage books that I keep in my studio, just for this purpose.  In browsing through a tome of works by Jonathon Swift, I saw this page, which worked perfectly - "A Tale of a Tub":


The second is a layout with vintage photos of my mom (circa 1954) and my dad (circa 1953).


Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cardstock; Basic Grey and KaiserCraft patterned papers; KanBan Crafts transparency; EK Success, Marvy Uchida and Martha Stewart Crafts punches; Fancy Pants chipboard alphas; KaiserCraft chipboard birdcage; Glue Dots; vintage book paper; miscellaneous ribbon.

It's hard to notice in the image above, but the frame of the layout is a transparency so the outside border is clear.


(Just ignore my dry, wintery hands... :s )

I just loved the chipboard birdcage from KaiserCraft.  It's an awesome kraft colour that doesn't need any inking - my kind of easy!


Once I saw this paper from Basic Grey, I knew that I'd have to fussy cut SOMETHING out of it!  I actually planned my layouts that used this paper around the design that I wanted to use... :)  It's always a huge PITA to fussy cut, but I love the look so much that I keep going back to it!


It's seems fitting to end with this one, considering that today is what would have been my mom's 81st birthday.  Happy Birthday, Mamma - I miss you so much!

2 comments:

  1. That kit looks delish! Love how you made the stamped stitches look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous LOs Sue - so many details and techniques.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. I agree about the fussy cutting...but it does look wonderful! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...