Sunday, October 02, 2011

Seven Sunday Blessings


This week, I am thankful...

1.  That my inventory is finally done!  At one store anyways - two more to go...

2.  For my husband.  We celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss on Tuesday.  Well, not actually celebrated, as I had inventory and he was at work, but we will take ourselves out to a nice fancy dinner one night, once the craziness dies down at work.  I love you so much, G!

3.  That my children seem to really like their teachers this year.  And the feeling seems to be mutual.  After a few years where Connor's teachers decidedly played favourites among the kids, it's nice to have had a couple of great teachers, back-to-back, to encourage him along.  When I mentioned to his teacher this year that he was wondering what made her choose him for the leadership camp, she said, "I  don't know - I just see something in him... a spark of something great."  Nice to see that we're not the only ones...

4.  For some DT deadlines that, while they are adding to my To Do list, are also keeping my mojo around and getting me to scrapbook regularly.  

5.  That I have come to the conclusion that I need to be home for my kids.  That brings about the decision to only work til 3pm every day, so I'm there when they get off the bus.  There to feed them before swim practice.  There to help with homework.  There to just BE THERE and ask about their day when they walk in the front door.  It may mean working six days a week, or getting into work really early.  But it needs to be done - family ALWAYS comes first.

6.  For the break in rainfall we've  been getting, even if only for a few days.  I'm starting to think that my feet will become webbed...

7.  to Modern Family, for the belly-aching laughs.  I think maybe because some of the scenarios scene so plausible...? LOL!

What are YOU thankful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Great things for which to be thankful! Congratulations on your anniversary and you're right! Family first. You'll never regret it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...