Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Will You Be Mine?

[photo credit: current homeowner]

PLEASE!?!?!?

Last week, a friend from work came into my office and said, in a singsong voice, "Oh, Su-uuee... your house is for sale!"

You see, he lives around the corner from this gorgeous piece of architecture that you see above.  Gary and I looked at this home 8+ years ago, in Sept/03, when it was a model home and the rest of the area was still in development.

And fell in love.

What's not to love?  This home has everything that we want/need.  Lots of room, big lot, fenced yard with room for a pool.  Granted, the kitchen could be a bit bigger, but it's about the size of our kitchen now so it wouldn't be like we'd be missing anything.

And the best part?  It's in the CITY!!

I know, I know... you're shaking your head!  WHY?!  Why do we want to live in the city when we have a beautiful home that backs onto the creek, in a great neighbourhood, with AWESOME neighbours?

Truth be told, we don't really want to leave this house.  Or especially these neighbours.  We are so blessed with such great friends.

But the reality is that we travel between 600-800 km a week to and from the city, not including any weekend trips for shopping or entertainment.  Connor has swim practice five nights a week, so that means that I'm driving to the city for work, heading home to pick them both up and drive back to the city for swim practice and then Aili and I head home again and Gary picks Connor up.  About 75 kms per day just on one of our cars, not to mention 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back.

If swimming continues to be a part of our lives, then we need to consider the alternatives.

And one of the alternatives has 2800+ square reasons to move!

I haven't had a chance to call yet (despite everyone encouraging us!!) - I've been busy packing and getting ready for ScrapFest this weekend!  Leaving the family tomorrow for a fun-filled weekend in Kitchener with my peeps - can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That is one fabulous house Sue!! I'd say go for it!!
    Hugs xx
    p.s. have a fabulous time at Scrapfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous place. I know there is a home that I fell in love with that was the show home years ago..I doubt we will move though. good luck making the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beauty!! I understand the dilemma but if I had to travel so many kms every day I know what I would do I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! What a gorgeous house!!!

    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...