Sunday, August 12, 2012

Seven Sunday Blessings: Aug 12

This week, I am thankful for:

1.  Blogging.  I haven't had much time to blog lately, and it's often been trivial, rather than life-affirming, but in looking back at older posts when I first started this blog in 2006, it brought back wonderful memories.  Things that I had forgotten about, like this one or this one...

2.  The Olympics.  Yes, I know they were in my list of blessings already, but come on - I only get to include them every couple of years!

3.  C, one of our pharmacists at my store.  She is thorough and doesn't just recommend anything without asking questions first.  She is also conscious of using more natural options if possible and has been such a great source of info for us lately.

4.  Magnetic sheets.  I'll show you why in a few days! :)

5.  Washi tape, or as I call it - Happy Tape!  Why?  Well, if you have to ask, you've never used it.  And my reason is... (see #4!)

6.  Our Aili-free week.  Don't get me wrong - I missed my little bunny all week!! But it was nice to be able to hang with Connor one-on-one without the demands on my time, and to be able to go to an adult movie without having to line up a babysitter!

7.  Cake balls!  Yeah, I know, not on my list of recommended healthy snacks, but in creating all of my freezer dinners, we had to clear out the freezer and I found 4 of the gallon-sized Ziploc bags full of cupcakes left over from the 300+ that I decorated for my sister's tea fundraiser, and 3 tubs of leftover buttercream icing!  So what do you do with crumbly cupcakes and left over icing?  You make cake balls!  My co-workers are going to love me over the next week or so, because there's no way I'm leaving them in the house...

So, what are YOU thankful for this week?


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful list!
    I'm drooling at the thought of those cake balls...and the buttercream icing...yummy!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...