Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Gary picked up my new lens from the post office today!!!! I have been asking for a 50mm 1.8 lens for eons!

I was so excited that I didn't even wait for him to make it into the kitchen! Connor and I ripped open the package and I popped it right onto my camera (which was conveniently waiting on the island since last night... :) )

Oh, I'm in love! It takes some getting used to, as it has a fixed lens... which means if I want to zoom in and out, I have to move my body! And being a very fast lens (f/1.8), the depth of field is very short, as you can see in this photo:


Connor's nose is in focus but his eyes and teeth are not! By the way, don't you just love the big gap? :) And now his front right tooth is wiggly! I told him that he'd better be careful or he'll have a big gaping hole soon, if he keeps at it! And I reminded him that next time, he should be careful of what he wishes for...! He's been hoping to lose his teeth for a few years now!

Anyhow, here's another while I was playing before dinner:

Don't you just love this one?!? Calvin Klein, here she comes!

(FYI - she peed on the floor just after this shot was taken... :) )

Gary took this one after dinner, as Aili and I were making faces at each other:

We're heading out of town this weekend to Gary's parents' place so I'll have lots of time to practice (I hope!). Lord knows I need it!!

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Love the CK shot. Great photo! Looks like you're having fun!!! Have a fun weekend - lmk how things go!!! Have fun practising with the lens - as if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics as always Sue! That Aili is gonna break hearts for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute photos, Sue!! Too bad she spoiled the "moment" by peeing on the floor! ROFL! Cant wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics Sue!! you are one talented chickie, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!! Looking forward to seeing many photos from you! Have a great weekend!

    p.s. Yes I'm still on the computer. (rolling eyes) Ha-Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue so very excited about your new lens!! Can't wait to see the new photos from your w/e away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you are going to love that lens, baby!!! I can see many more awesome shots coming from you soon. Hope your weekend was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome photos and oh I want that lens. Green with envy over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so many AMAZING photos, girl!!!! I am in love with my 50mm too! It just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue ... you are causing me to really want to learn more about photography, but I have to have a new camera and a lens like yours first. ;) Oh my !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...