Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Back on Track!

That's what needs to happen here!

I miss my blogging, because it acted as a sort of journal for me - a record of our day-to-day lives.

And then came the business.

And baseball.

And soccer.

And before we knew it, we were experiencing milestone birthday. And Gr. 3. And takeovers at work.

And life began to spin out of control! Or at least my grasp on the things that had once been important to me.

Running your own business takes more courage that one sometimes has. And it almost ALWAYS takes more money! :D

But the rewards of working from home, being able to spend the days with my daughter, being there when Connor gets off the bus and has a snack while we chat about his day... those are priceless and worth every sacrifice that one has to make.

And so, as I've come to realize that I am NOT going to figure out how to get 48 hours out of a day, I have begun to schedule. And delegate. And prioritize. And recording our family's history is high on the list.

And so here I am. Promising myself that I will set aside 15 minutes every couple of days to jot a few notes about our days. Funny things the kids say that I won't remember in 2 weeks, let alone 10 years. Hurdles we overcome. Storms we weather. Together.

I may not always have photos. Sadly, I've taken less photos in the last 6 months than ever before. So that's another challenge to overcome.

But maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are back posting, it is so nice to catch up with you, especially since we don't always get to chat much these days.

    I totally hear you on the benefits of working from home. I just need to find something I can do next year so I don't have to go back to work... 3 kids in day care is going to be one hefty bill!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing more from you, Sue! I can't imagine how much work Just Cre8 is. Good luck with everything!
    And know that your kids (and you) will never ever regret that you stayed home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you posting, Sue! I can relate to how tough it is to fit in time for blogging while trying to run a business. IT's so great that you get to work from home, though - I'm still working on making that happen! I also use my blog to collect journaling and it's tough to squeeze in, but so very worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching and enjoying your updates! Good luck :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...