Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Black Bean Salsa

Well, the quiche was a big hit at Easter, but my family is now officially quiched out so I won't be making another for a few weeks, for fear of mutiny.  When I do, I will definitely take step-by-step photos and share the recipe with you.

For now, I will leave you with one of my favourite quick-n-easy recipes to bring to a potluck or party.  Heck, it's even good to have in your fridge for a snack!  Or serve it over chicken for a bit of zing!

Black Bean Salsa

2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (can adjust to suit taste)
2 - 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 - 17 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3 T olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp minced garlic

Mix all ingredients, except avocado. Chill until ready to serve. Add avocado just before serving, to avoid browning.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm we love black beans here.. I will try this sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...