Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Aili!!

Six years ago, almost to the minute, my baby came into the world - fast and furious, blue and not breathing.  Whisked away to the neonatal cart in the room and after agonizing seconds, I heard a lusty wail.  Breathing a sigh of relief, I looked at my husband and said, "Thank GOD, I never have to do that again!"

Six years later, and I still feel the same, although my heart tugs when I see newborn photos.  I love teeny tiny babies, with their fresh scent, their teeny bums, their inability to hold up that wobbly head.

Like this:

So precious and beautiful, full of wonder and love.

You know what?  Not much changes.

Still beautiful, still full of love and wonder.

Happy Birthday, my beautiful girl - may you dream big dreams, wish upon stars, laugh with abandon and love beyond measure.  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. a million kisses to my favourite goddaughter in the world!!!!! sorry i'm missing the party today but i hope you guys have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah she is so gorgeous Sue... takes after her Momma for sure!!!

    Happy Birthday Aili!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...