Monday, August 09, 2010

Studio Reno: Week 8

Back from vacation and bogged down under unpacking and laundry!  But now that we have the furniture, I'm anxious to see it finished!

Now I know that I've been sharing photos as we go along... but I've decided that I'm going to keep the rest of the images for a BIG FINAL REVEAL!! 

But despair not... To keep this entertaining, I will insert some eye candy to substitute for the photos that give too much away!


Aug 6:

We started on the suspended ceiling!

And when I say "we", I mean HE... :)

First we had to set up a level frame around the perimeter of the room:


You know, this is going to be fun! :)

To get the perimeter level involved the use of a plumb line, which made my allergies go crazy from that blue dust! :s 


Aug 7:

Continuing with the drop ceiling, Gary started to install the cross bars.  First, he had to attach these hooks, with wires that would hold the cross bars:

Soon, he had one row done!

We then realized that because there's not a lot of room because of all the ill-placed cross beams, piping etc., we'd better figure out the placement of lighting.

This involved mapping out furniture pieces on the floor in tape:


Once that was done, we muddled through the load requirements, etc. and decided to have 12 recessed lights, in 3 rows of 4.  Once the grid for the ceiling panels was done, he started working on the wiring:

 I censored out the small part that gave away the paint colour... :)


Aug 8: 

The best laid plans...

We were hoping to get the lights done tonight but Gary realized that we only had enough stress relievers for ten lights (our original plan was for eight larger lights but the crazy haphazard plumbing/wiring/crossbeams nixed that plan).

So I thought I'd end with a little stress relief of my own:



Wow.  I feel better already...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update.. and the eye candy... they made my day...tfs can't wait to see the finished room.. I bet you can't either...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...