Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

On Sunday, I made Pumpkin Banana pancakes for our family brunch.  I adapted this recipe from the Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen blog.

Here's my version:

Ingredients:
2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (the add-water-only variety)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice
1 1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. pure pumpkin purée
1 whole ripe banana, mashed

2/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions: Transfer from griddle to plate and cover with lid or large bowl until ready to serve.  Serve with butter and maple syrup.
1.  Preheat griddle.  Grease lightly with butter.  Or you could spray with a cooking spray, if you wish.  I like my pancake edges crispy so I use butter!

2.  Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.  I used my Pampered Chef Classic Batter Bowl so I could use it to pour the pancake mix directly onto my skillet.

3.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.  I found the batter slightly watery so I added more pancake mix (approx. 1/4 c.) until it was the desired consistency.

4.  Pour pancake mix onto griddle, in desired size.  I used about 1/3 c. of the batter which created 5"-6" pancakes.

5.  Cook until edges look dry and top of pancake is full of air bubbles.  Flip pancakes carefully (especially if they are large!) and cook for another minute or until golden brown.
This recipe makes alot - about 10-12 large pancakes!  Luckily, they freeze well - just cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper and place pancakes in single layer.  Cover with another sheet of wax paper and flash freeze pancakes for 30 minutes.  Remove from cookie sheet and store in a freezer Zip-loc.

To serve, remove from freezer and microwave for 15-30 seconds, until warm.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...