Wednesday, February 09, 2011

My New Adventure

I was happily surfing Etsy the other day, oblivious to its' charm, searching for some items for inspiration.

When all of a sudden, out of the blue, it hit me.

photo by Allison Wenger Peck via Etsy Seller, imomzi

Oh.  My.  Heck.

Not only does this image knock my socks off and start my aging uterus a-tickin', but that hat!!  Having just created several crocheted flowers this past weekend for my tutorial on WeScrap, I have come to realize how much I missed MAKING THINGS.

Yep.  You heard me.

I know, I know - I can hear all of the indignant scrapbookers saying, "What?!?  My scrapbook pages ARE creations - they are legacies that I leave my children and future generations!"

True.  But have you ever tried a scrapbook page on?  Or better yet, have you ever tried one on a brand spankin' new baby that you're photographing??

As lovely as this is, and I'm sure it's worth the $18 USD (plus shipping), I know that this is probably relatively easy for someone like me who grew up watching her mom crochet all of her daughters tablecloths, and beautiful queen size bedspreads for each of her six grandkids.  She taught me most of the stitches when I was younger but it wasn't until I was older that I had the patience to actually complete any projects.

So, I will admit, I spent more time than I care to admit, searching the web for a similar pattern.  I found a free one here at Alli Crafts and rushed out today after my meeting to purchase some yarn and crochet hooks!

Sadly, I have a lot of year end paperwork to catch up, but if all goes well with this teeny cap, I may spring for the pattern for this adorable one:

photo via Etsy seller, polkadotposh 

After all, it's all tax deductible since they are going to be props, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous!
    If only I could crochet!lol
    I'm ashamed to say that having grown up with a mother who was a fabulous knitter, a grandmother who knit and crocheted and an aunt who did both plus sewing...I can't do any of them. :(
    Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...