Friday, April 29, 2011

Leave Your Legacy: Feed Your Soul

Welcome to a new Leave Your Legacy challenge! If you're new to my blog, I'm glad you came! You can learn more about my Leave Your Legacy challenge here.

Okay - ready for this week's LYL challenge?

During our life, we learn things.  We learn our ABCs and 123s.  We learn about the provinces and their capitals.  We learn how to divide and multiply and about sine and integrals and polynomials.  We learn about love and heartbreak and how to chug a beer.  (Well, some of us do...)

But even in the course of a lifetime, for every one thing we learn, there are a multitude of other things that we could learn!  Plato said, "Knowledge is the food of the soul".  

So, what would you feed YOUR soul?  Here's your challenge this week:

Create a layout, listing TEN things you want to learn.  They can be perfectly attainable, or completely incredible.  It's your soul to feed!

Here's my layout:


Supplies used:  Bazzill Basics cadstock; myStamp Box stamps (Pennants, Border Lines); VersaMark embossing ink; Ranger embossing powder; Bic Mark-It! markers; American Crafts letter stickers; Sakura Pigma Micron maker; Glue Dots; The Twinery twine.  Images downloaded from the internet.

Using the Border Lines sets, I stamped and heat emboss 10 squares, and used the markers to colour in the squares. I cut out the centres, using a craft blade.  I then attached them to photos and cut each square out.


I used one side of the box and the circle to create the “10″ in my title, using the same technique as the squares.

The banner was created by affixing an American Crafts letter sticker to cardstock. I then inked my banner stamp with Versamark and stamped over the letter, centering it on the banner. I sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat embossed the entire thing – sticker and all!


The title was handwritten, and then doubled over again to correct any bloopers - a trick that Donna Downey taught me!

Journaling reads:
1.  To ballroom dance
2.  To play golf
3.  To draw
4.  To milk a cow
5.  To speak Spanish
6.  To fly a helicopter
7.  To snowboard
8.  Sign Language
9.  To surf
10. To drink (and like!) wine
If you'd like to participate in this year long challenge, please share your layout below, using Linky Tools, by 11:59pm EST on December 31st, 2011. Please see the Leave Your Legacy page for guidelines, before linking here.  Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...