Monday, November 07, 2011

More Projects to Share

Every good layout has a story.

Or is it, every good layout tells a story?

Either way, this layout, created with the November Recess kit from WeScrap, definitely has a story.  I mean, just look at that photo...


Supplies used:   Bazzill Basics cardstock; Fancy Pants and Jillibean Soup patterned papers; Martha Stewart Crafts border punches; Crate Paper letter stickers; Cosmo Cricket Gluebers; Glue Dots; Ranger Colour Wash; ribbon, button brad and star from kit; twine, denim, doily and receipt stuff from my stash.

This is Gary's brother, Scott, when he was about 5 years old.  You may remember this layout that I did of him - apparently, the posing never ends... :D

We were sorting through boxes of photos to use for a video for my mother-in-law's memorial service and I came across this photo.  Gary and I started to laugh uncontrollably!  I mean, that look!! Every time I look at it, I can picture him saying, "So I was talking to my stock broker the other day..."

LOL!

So I snitched it and told him I was going to create a layout and post it on FB. 

His mistake was not believing me... :)

Here are some close-ups.  The "leaves" are simple 3" pieces of ribbon, folded in half and tied with twine.  I attached the leaves to the page and then twisted the twine in petal shapes and adhered using Glue Dots.  I created the flower from a strip of denim fabric, to match the denim-look stickers and to bring out the blue from his leisure suit! Hee hee...  


Gary and I brainstormed for a title.  Some of the rejects?
Leisure Suit Larry.
When EF Hutton Talks...
Pint-Size Banker.
Leisure Suits Never Looks So Good.

This last one finally evolved into "Hey, I Make Leisure Suits Look Good!"  It's perfect, because I can totally hear Scott, with his acerbic wit and dry humour, saying that!  Journaling reads:

"In hunting for photos for Jessie's memorial, we came across this photo of Scott when he was maybe 4 or 5 years old.  He looks like a mini banker!  Cracks me up - every time!"


The doily was a plain paper white one, from the dollar store.  I misted it with Adirondack Red Pepper colour wash - LOVE it!  Such a bright, pretty red!  The receipt tag came from some old collections tickets that we had left over at work - I snatched them up to use as ephemera!


If you're on Facebook, please stop by my wall and comment on this layout so that he gets all kinds of notices! :)  Ah, I love teasing him...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Now this photo makes me laugh too! Love your sense of humour Sue :) Wonderful design...playful colours and adorable elements! That painted doily turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...