Monday, July 02, 2012

A Weekend of Celebration

Another birthday for Canada and me this weekend.

Although she's 100 years older than I am.  So that makes me feel a little bit better...

Know what else makes me feel pretty good?

THIS:



It's official - I have left the dark side Blackberry world and have become a Apple-ite.  Not a far stretch, since we already have an iMac, MacBookPro, 2 iPods and an iPad2.  So we're long-time converts from PC.

Needless to say, I love my little toy.  There's a bit of a learning curve, but nothing that some playing around won't fix!  We picked it up on Saturday morning and just like my Blackberry before, it has not left my side for long.

My favourite app so far has to be Instagram.  Love taking quick snaps with a quality camera on my phone.  Although, I fear I may never bring my new D300S anywhere anymore, except for actual photo shoots! :(  The quality, of course, doesn't compare, but you know what they say... the best camera is the one that's with you!  Now I just have to figure out how to view them from the web so I can share them here...

For Canada Day, we headed to my sister's place for a BBQ, some swimming and fireworks, later on.  And of course, dessert!  Raspberry shortcake and birthday cake.  No, I didn't make my own cupcakes...

Not for lack of trying on Gary's part, of course. :)

Happy Canada Day, to my Canadian friends and family - and Happy Fourth of July this week to our American friends and family!






1 comment:

  1. Glad you have birthday was lovely and that you have joined us in the Apple verse. Instagram is the best way to document the 'right now'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...