Sunday, September 02, 2012

Seven Sunday Blessings: Sept 2


This week, I'm thankful for...

1.  New running shoes!  While shopping for Connor's athletic shoes, I found a pair of NewBalance running shoes that fit great and feel so comfortable!  Can't wait to start breaking them in by walking around the track at 5:30am while Connor is at swim practice... ~. o

2.  Rotting bananas.  Or more specifically, banana bread!  Found this fantastic, SIMPLE recipe on The Tasty Kitchen website.  So moist and yummy - I'm finding it hard to resist!

3.  Back-to-school haircuts!  My boy is buzzed and my baby is frizz-free!  Goodbye, dried-out chlorine-soaked sun-baked hair...

4.  Gary's heart attack.  I know, I know - seems like a weird thing to be thankful for, right?  But since his heart attack, Gary has lost close to 50 lbs!  About 20 lbs or so was due to the gastro issue that eliminated his appetite for almost two weeks, but still a major accomplishment.  My numbers are much smaller, since I still have my appetite, sadly! :s  But to see him so excited when he tried on jeans at Aeropostale - and they were almost a perfect fit!!  So grateful for this second chance to get healthy and fit!

5.  Dr. J.  I know she's made this list several times, but after hearing horror stories from family and friends, and from the experiences my parents had with their family doctor, I'm so thankful that we found a GP who is thorough, compassionate and conscientious.  She recognized that Gary was not ready to go back to work.  She also determined that some of his fatigue is due to improper dosages on his meds, because of his dramatic weight loss.  So with a few changes, he's on his way to feeling better, bit by bit!

6.  A new design team opportunity!  I'm so looking forward to working with Sharon and Allan at Canuck Crafts - can't wait til my package arrives so I can dig in!

7.  Homemade salted caramels.  Yummmm....  (although between this and the banana bread, I can see why I'm not losing as quickly... !!!)

So, what are YOU thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...