Saturday, October 27, 2012

Good-bye, Xacto...

Hello, Silhouette Cameo!!


I finally did it - I broke down and bought the Cameo!  Well, technically Gary and the kids bought it for me for Christmas... :)

I couldn't pass it up - Studio Calico had such a great deal on it... $279.99 for all of this:


Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Tool 
Silhouette Studio® software
51 exclusive cuttable designs 
Power cable, USB cable 
12" cutting mat 
Cutting blade 
$10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store 
Basic Instruction Guide
Teal dust cover 
Additional Replacement Blade 
Additional Silhouette Cameo 12x12 cutting mat 
Additional $10 download card

And free shipping!

I will probably have to pay HST on it when it arrived, but it still works out to be cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

And I'm so excited to be able to use the 8,000+ fonts I have!!  Or to create my own masks or die cut backgrounds:

[source:  Paper Eudaimonia]

Or to cut out and use negative space on my layouts:


Or to create something like this for the holidays:

[Harvest banner by Lindsay for Silhouette America - click HERE for a tutorial!]

I'm so excited!  I hope Gary's not going to make me wait til Christmas though... I can always give him the empty box to wrap!

And so, in honour of my new toy, I've decided to make Fridays on the blog, Free Font Fridays!  Each week, I will share a new free font.  But I missed posting this on Friday so this week, it will be Free Font Saturday!

Today, I'd like to share one of my favourite fonts - perfect for party invitations or menus.  I can't wait to try titles with it on my Cameo!


Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I am getting the Cameo Portrait! Can't wait! Thanks for following my blog. I am your newest follower, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky!!! it is on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you. It sounds like you got a great deal on yours. Enjoy! Oh, and thanks for the new font. It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...