Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Vacation Travel Journal!

This month, my project that I shared on the myStamp BOX blog was a travel journal that I created.

As you may know, my bestie from Saskatchewan came to visit us with her hubby and two kids, so we planned a mini-vacation to take them to see the sights of Ontario.  Because our children are close in age, we thought it would be fun to create a mini travel journal for each family and combine our photos and stories to add to each other’s journals so we could share the memories!

Amanda was able to finish her journal pages (less any photos that she would then print out and add once home) during her stay here, but I had other DT deadllines and only had the chance to bind my pages together and complete the covers.

Front:

Back:
Supplies:  Recollections cardstock; Little Yellow Bicycle patterned papers, transparent die cuts and glitter stickers; myStamp BOX stamps (Passport to Adventure, Seal It! and Mini Pennants);  Tsukineko and Ranger inks; Ranger embossing powder; Tim Holtz ticket;  Doodlebug Designs alpha stickers and glitter; Dymo tape; 9x12 manilla envelopes; PrintFile negative sheet, baseball card sheet protector, cancelled stamps, jute and chipboard sheets - all from my stash.

I used 9×12 manilla envelopes, white cardstock, and various inserts for my pages. I punched three holes in the spine and threaded double strands of jute through and bound it all together.

It now sits on my workbench, patiently waiting for me.

I'm teaching a workshop in Oakville on Saturday at the Public Library for their Teen Centre, and have to work on Sunday to catch up for period end after being away for over 2 weeks, but I'm hoping to work on this journal a bit at a time and get it done by the end of the month - hopefully!

I'll be sure to share it when it's complete!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...